Code to Hide the Document Stencil

Started by meks, April 14, 2010, 05:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meks

Hello Guys,

How can I call the Visio dockable windows such as shape properties, pan and zoom, document stencil etc. in VBA code? or Shapesheet?

I want to set standards for my drawing that when a user opens it, the shape properties, pan and zoom etc., are automatically open except for the document stencil. Visio automatically opens the document stencil whenever you open a drawing, I dont want the document stencil to be open during initialization.

Thanks.  :)

Nikolay

Try searching on visWinIDShapeSearch (or visWinIDPanZoom)

See also: http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=124.0

meks

Nikolayh,

Thanks, I just want to know the syntax.  :)

Nikolay

Quote from: meks on April 14, 2010, 05:45:46 AM
How can I call the Visio dockable windows such as shape properties, pan and zoom, document stencil etc. in VBA code? or Shapesheet?
I just want to know the syntax

Don't quite get what you mean by "syntax".
To get those special windows in VBA just use "myWindow.Windows.ItemFromID(...special window id here...)

Quote from: meks on April 14, 2010, 05:45:46 AM
I want to set standards for my drawing that when a user opens it, the shape properties, pan and zoom etc., are automatically open except for the document stencil. Visio automatically opens the document stencil whenever you open a drawing, I dont want the document stencil to be open during initialization.

IMHO (broadly speaking) you are not supposed to "set standards" for user settings.
AFAIK these settings (visibility of "special" windows) are not drawing-specific, they are user settings "shared" between all drawings.

aledlund

the quick/shortcut for finding the correct window id's is to turn on the macro recorder and then use the menu to show/hide the windows that you want to take control of. The id's are captured in your macro..
al