Help needed in copying visio diagram

Started by Nigeluk, January 13, 2009, 01:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigeluk

When I copy drawing and then try to paste it into Word the diagram is a small picture in the corner and the box it is pasted into is always wider than the page. I can stretch the drawing a little box by dragging the box corner but I can fit it to a page. I am sure its a setting i have wrong but haven't got a clue which one. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Nigel

Paul Herber

How are you doing the copy/paste?
Are you selecting the file, copy, then paste into Word?
Or are you selecting the items from the Visio page with the mouse and then pasting that into Word?
Things to look out for, the pasted item will only show the first page, second, ensure that any layer properties have Print enabled.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Nigeluk

I have tried grouping drawing then copy drawing and paste also just highlighting drawing copy and paste, I have tried all kinds of variations. Always seems to have the same effect. Also looked to see if print enabled in layers all seem to have the radial buttons turned on.

vojo

I do this lots (frankly, probably 10K times in the last 5 years).  No problems.
Once you paste, right click the shape, and set the size and position as desired.
The advanced settings help

Usually, the box bigger than the page means that your drawing in native visio is bigger than the page in native word.   size/position takes care of that.   Also, depending on the size of the drawing, word may place it at an ABSOLUTE reference from top of page...this can be annoying...position ==> adv options can change that (usually set to relative to paragraph).

I have never never had a case where drawing was real small...but the box was huge.

You may want to experiment with paste special in word and see if any of those make a difference.

Nigeluk

Both drawing paper and word page set to A4. Picture in visio does not cover the page area and when pasted in word left hand side of box and small. Picture is approx a sixth of the width of the box. So if you try to resize the box it distorts the diagram and also the box will not stretch much because if the original size.

Paul Herber

I wonder if there is some shape on the page that is way outside the normal area. Try just copying a few simple shapes and pasting them.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

Can you post the drawing on the forum?   ???
Visio 2019 Pro