How to make stencils which are compatible on all Visio Versions

Started by alok21, August 30, 2012, 05:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alok21

While exporting UML diagrams to visio,i face the Visio Version issues for eg, a stencil which is made on visio 2003 does not runs on 2000 vesion and vice-versa.How to solve this issue.Should i create the same stencil on different visio versions and create a check of version in my program or there is some alternative way to use a particular stencil created on one version to be utilized in other also.Pls suggest.

Paul Herber

The vice-versa scenario shouldn't occur, later versions can read Visio 2000 stencils. What's the earliest version you want to support? Visio 2000 should be more than early enough. For my own stuff I don't support earlier than Visio 2003 now.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

alok21

ya you are right the vice-versa cannot occur it was written by mistake,........actually somebody using older version reported such type of problem to me.....and since 2000 is older version so now it is being upgraded to 2003 and its running fine on all later versions now