Isometric angle

Started by geno54, November 13, 2008, 01:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geno54

Trying to draw in isometric and view the angle. When drawing a line the angle in degrees does not show up on the bottom. is there a setting for this? Couldn't find any. Thanks for your help.

vojo

visio is 2D tool...need special shape stencils (located here and elsewhere) for isometric.
typically people build an isometric shape from some simple isometric shapes (iso rectangle or
cylinder)

geno54

Thanks vojo. I have tried the piping iso stencil and what I am trying to do is create a variable rectangle in wireframe instead of solid. It seems that when I create the solid rectangle and then take out the solid surfaces it doesn't function very well. I'll keep trying

vojo

feel free to play with these...right click or shapesheet

Visio Guy

The angle read-out in the status bar at the lower-left is a bit odd.

If you draw a line, then switch back to the pointer tool, you will see the angle of the line as you move the endpoints.

But if you manipulate the endpoints with the pencil or line tool, you won't see the angle, just the x, y coordinates of the vertex you are moving.

Visio has some dynamic drawing aids and a bunch of snap options that might help you out. See this article: Importing Images as Backgrounds for Tracing and look for the "Toolbars Are Our Friends" sub-heading.

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

geno54

Quote from: Visio Guy on November 13, 2008, 08:57:33 PM
The angle read-out in the status bar at the lower-left is a bit odd.

If you draw a line, then switch back to the pointer tool, you will see the angle of the line as you move the endpoints.

But if you manipulate the endpoints with the pencil or line tool, you won't see the angle, just the x, y coordinates of the vertex you are moving.

Visio has some dynamic drawing aids and a bunch of snap options that might help you out. See this article: Importing Images as Backgrounds for Tracing and look for the "Toolbars Are Our Friends" sub-heading.

Thanks VG. Yes the angle readout is a bit odd. Would be nice to see the angle when you are drawing a line. I'll work around it by using the Isometric Stencil and the snap tools. Again thanks
Geno

Visio Guy

Hey Geno,

This article might be interesting too. Kind of a different tack but it might work as well:

Skewing Around With Visio & SVG
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010