Change layer properties on page zoom level..

Started by Gustavo, April 20, 2016, 10:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustavo

Hi all. :) I'm new in the forum but I've been a Visio user from a while. I have a large Visio 2013 diagram, with several shapes ordered in several layers. I want to change the layer properties, (visible, lock and transparency)vía the Page Shapesheet, triggered by the amount of zoom level on the page. Any idea to how to accomplish these ???? How do I read the zoom level on the page  :o? I know there is an User defined cell with Pagescale and Drawingscale ratio, but how is this ratio working? Please advice... BTW, great forum, great goodies. I think I'll stick around.

Yacine

Hi Gustavo,
nice idea, similar to this post.

Guess you'll need to catch the zoom and pan events of the page in the document module.
Handling the visibility of the layers would also be done there.
Shapesheet functions could help setting the layer properties, but you'll then work with 2 principles (VBA + shapesheet).

HTH,
Y.
Yacine

Nikolay

IMHO you won't be able to do accomplish that with ShapeSheet only, zoom level is not available there. You'll need some code. If you are okay with that, it can be done.
Check the attached sample.

Gustavo

Hi Yacine, Nicolay.

Nicolay's sample do the job wonderfully. Thank you very much Nicolay. It's exactly the behaviour I'm looking for. I was trying to avoid code, because the app is intended to work in a computer with all kind of restrictions, and I know shape sheet better :P. But if there is no way to do it only in the shape sheet environment... Maybe I'll post it as a Visio 2025 wish feature. Thank you again!!  :)