Problem saving as DWG

Started by Chris F, March 15, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris F

Hi

Having introduced myself I'm looking for help with the following problem.

I work for an arms length company managing the housing stock for a local authority. I've produced a number of floor plans of properties to scale that I'm trying to save in dwg format so that a consultant we are using can open/modify them in CAD.

I've produced the drawings in Visio Professional 2002 (our IT dept. are well behind the times (!) but I do have the latest version on my home PC), saved them as a dwg but when I open them with DWG TrueView 2009 I get a window saying that "This DWG file was saved by an application that was not developed or licensed by Autodesk. What do you want to do?

Having selected the "Continue opening DWG file" option the file opens but is what I can only describe as a jumble of text! No lines etc. which form most of the drawing.

Any ideas/observations?

I'm going to try sending the file to a friend with AutoCAD to seeif he can open it OK but am not holding my breath.

Visio file attached.

Thanks, Chris

aledlund

I opened the drawing in v2010 x64 (and it had to be updated to the latest version), saved as DWG, then opened the DWG in TruView 2013 (since 2009 isn't the version they now distribute) and saved the output as PDF.
The message you're getting from TruView is correct, since they were not created in AutoCad.

al

Chris F

Thanks Al

Good reason to get our IT dept. to install a later version!

Chris