Isometric Grid

Started by Raff0, June 22, 2011, 11:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raff0

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and came across you by accident and looking at the information on here i am sooooooooo glad i found you,
i have been looking for a template that simulates my A4 Gold line iso Pad as my job involves me going to a lot of different sites and making quick sketches, i would like to be able to do exactly the same on my lap top using Visio because its a program i feel comfortable using.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Raff

;D

zhuravsky

Hello, Raff,

Attached, please, find one drawing. Actually, this is not that thing what you are asking for, but may be it also will be usefull. Sorry about it functionality, that job was not finished.

Regards,
Denis Zhuravsky

vojo

you really cant make a true iso grid because grids in visio are whole numbers (30 deg offset always gives a natural number).   You can do one of the following:

A)  set grid to a 2:1 ratio (emulates 26 degees)
B)  set grid off and make a true iso grid and place on a background sheet (or foregrnd with guards on to prevent selection - backgrounds dont print as far as I have seen)

Raff0

Many thanks gents especially zhuravsky that is actually going to help me massively, although i would still like a iso grid, i have been told you can make one in Coral draw but i am not sure that if i do, Visio will not read it. When i get some spare time (none at the moment) i will give it a go and post on my progress ;) again thank you for your help.

Regards,

Raff0

Raff0

Ok guys,
I have in my possession exactly what i want so if one of you gents tell me how, i will post the isometric grid to your site.

Regards,

Raff0.

Jumpy

Below the field to write a message here is a Link/Button:
"Attachments and other options"

Only works if filesize < 500KB

Jumpy

raff0 send me the mentioned template with the isometric grid, so I could upload it here.

vojo

just a minor suggestion

Your template looks great (did similar myself), but you might want to make the lines different colors
(vertical = blue,  NW to SE: Red, SW to NE: green) it will help when you get close up (all the same color with no reference point could be tough use).

Raff0

Thank you :) can you direct me on how  :P or help me even as i am totally new to all this, and your comments make perfect sense.