Automatic Routing / Connector behaviour

Started by Jumpy, June 25, 2010, 09:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy

Hello,
I have problems with the automatic routing for connectors. I can't find the best adjustments. I only use a version of the automatic connector (ObjType = 2).

And the connectors should only use right angles (See menu in picture).

To make it look nice I sometimes have to adjust a line or a part of the connector manually with the green handles.

But sometimes (mostly when coming to close to another shape I think) like in the picture, a part of the connector is not at right angle anymore.
(I didn't use Strg or something. Visio made the diagonal part all by itself).

When clicking in the right-mouse-click-menu on right angle again it jumps far away from the shape again, which is not desired. It has to be possible to run lines near shapes and then connect them at an right angle somewhere to the shape.

What can I do? Choose another routing style? Manipulate distances-adjustments somewhere? Which and how?

It would be nice if one of you could hepl me solve this...

geh_heim

mh .. i only tried in you sample .. "Verbinder zurücksetzen"...
that's not how you want it ? looks like it for me ^^''

Jumpy

Thats the problem. It gets right angled, but the distance to the shape increases.
In this example it's OK. Doesn't matter if it's 2mm more left or right.

But in other examples, the two big shapes could be tighter together and more lines then just one have to run between them, so every line has to be where I want it to be (2 mm more left or right in such a situation gets problematic).

See this modified example. The orange line is the one you reset. Now the pink line is the one close to the buffer-shape and shows the diagonal part.

The pink line shows now another problem. Try to get the pink line a bit nearer to the orange one...

JuneTheSecond

I think it may a matter of page settings.
If you set clearances narrower in the shape sheet or by the dialog,
conecotors can be adjusted more tight in the drawing.
For example in the Page Layout section of the page shapesheet.
LineToNodeX=1mm
LineToNodeY=1mm
LineToLineX=1mm
LineToLineY=1mm
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

geh_heim

really nice, never thought that there could be such a problem

With junes changes to the pagesheet you can place the connectors just where you want event directly beside each other.
Maybe i can use this within my networks ^^

Jumpy

Thanks, JuneTheSecond!

That was exactly what I was searching for. Now I can place the connectors close together and close to shapes.

Jumpy is jumping happily ...