Temporarily Disable Auto-Macros

Started by tjeffryes, January 08, 2018, 09:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjeffryes

I am a VBA veteran of 25 years, using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.  However, I'm relatively new to programming in Visio.

With those other applications, you can disable auto-macros (routines that run when opening a file or creating a new file) by holding down the SHIFT key.  That doesn't seem to work with Visio.  Can anyone tell me of a way to disable auto-macros when opening.  I don't want to launch visio by any other means - I just want to open a template that has auto-macros in it and keep them from running so that I can edit the code.

Thanks very much.

Tim Jeffryes
TJs Tools LLC

Yacine

You may use M$'s trust center. Set up a folder where the macro execution is restricted, copy the template and start it from there.
Complicated, but I wouldn't know of another solution.
Yacine

Paul Herber

There are two ways to open a template in this way.
1. From File Explorer, navigate to the template file, right-click and select open.
2. Open Visio - menu File -> Open then navigate to the template file, then Open.

These will open the template without creating an instance of it i.e. macros will not be executed.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/