Basic Hyperlink Issue

Started by Torquemada, December 09, 2010, 12:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torquemada

Well, after yesterdays' problem, where at least I had an excuse for not being a coding-jedi, this one just makes me feel stupid.

After this problem occurred in my rack diagram, I started a blank visio diagram and got the same result (attached)

What am I missing here?

1) Create two pages.
2) Create button on first page.
3) Add hyperlink to button pointing to second page.
4) Test link in Design Mode, works.
5) Exit Design Mode, Ctrl-Click now does nothing. Full Screen mode gives the same non-response. The popup box displays the hyperlink page-target name, but that's it.  ???

I've already done a bit of googling and looking around this site, but most of the results are along the lines of "Hyperlinks! they're easy! Here are some instructions that detail what you've already done!" - don't want you guys to think I'm going to be posting questions non-stop!

Paul Herber

Controls don't work in quite the same way as normal Visio shapes. A control consists of a Visio shape, but with the visual part of the control sitting over the top of it, so, unfortunately any visual part of the Visio shape gets covered over, and that includes hyperlinks.
However, you can probably have the same functionality, in the design mode menu there is the menu CommandButton Object -> View Code
This will open the macro editor, if you want this button to jump to Page-2 then add the code (obtained from creating a macro that jumps to page-2))

Application.ActiveWindow.Page = Application.ActiveWindow.Pages.ItemU(Page-2")

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Torquemada

Hi, thanks for the quick response

I tried using the macro code in my proper rack diagram, but no banana - still, no worries, your info put me onto using a text box instead.

It does leave me wondering though - why offer a feature like that which doesn't actually work? I mean, why bother offering hyperlinks in control buttons if you can't use them?

Anyway, thanks again, I now have it working, after a fashion!