Visio 2007, Embedded Excel OLE, Text Format Lost

Started by el bob, June 22, 2009, 01:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el bob

Hi,

I have a Visio 2007 document with an embedded Excel 2007 worksheet.  With Visio open and the embedded Excel sheet in "edit mode," the spreadsheet text looks fine.  When I click elsewhere on the Visio screen, outside of the embedded Excel sheet, the spreadsheet text looks like the character spacing is reduced to zero, or slightly more greater than zero.  If I double-click on the embedded Excel sheet to edit it again, the text will show up properly formatted.  If I click outside again, the spreadsheet text looks like the character spacing has been reduced to zero again.  At least it's repeatable.

I downloaded a Demo visio drawing from one of the Visio Tutorials websites that included an embedded Excel spreadsheet.  With that Visio file open, I can add the same text that I did before, click outside of the embedded spreadsheet, and retain the text formatting.  The character spacing doesn't change.  I tried comparing Excel font settings and Visio Shapesheet settings but did not notice anything different.  The download drawing has an Excel 2003 spreadsheet.  The embedded sheet I created was 2007.  I tried converting the created spreadsheet to 2003 but the problem remained.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

wapperdude

The behavior that you're describing isn't normal.  Is there any chance that the offending file can be downloaded here?
Visio 2019 Pro

Visio Guy

el bob,

Can you post the link to the demo you downloaded?
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010