Something like Off-Page-Reference for the same Page

Started by TwoBeAss, February 20, 2024, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoBeAss

Hi, I want to have a custom shape like the off-page-reference, but be able to create links within the same page. i know that i am able to add a separate hyperlink to each shape, but the functionality to sync the text and data between these shapes is quite important to me.
What I want to achieve is to reduce the need for long connecting lines in large engineering diagrams and to store the connection information within the shape data.
Do you have any good tips or starting points for me ?

Thanks in advance,
Tobi

TwoBeAss

Thanks, especially the first link is gold...

The only problem I run into is that I am producing line jumps with the hidden connector lines, this looks kind of weird if a visible line is broken by an invisible line.
EDIT: Easy fix! Just set ObjType to 4 ;)

wapperdude

Turn off line jumps.

A strategy we used didn't use any line jumps; nor did it use connection dots.  Quite simple, really.  One rule...no 4-way connections.  If all 4 lines connected, one of the 4 had to be offset. => that is, if a line end terminated upon another line, it was obviously connected to that line.  Thus, no dots needed.
Visio 2019 Pro

TwoBeAss

thats not possible for my project.. talking about complex wire schedules with a lot of connections.. need to be able to have linejumps activated...

but is there any limitation with setting objtype to 4 if its a hidden connector ? Seems like an easy fix to me...

wapperdude

Quotebut is there any limitation with setting objtype to 4 if its a hidden connector ? Seems like an easy fix to me...

Yes.  Setting the object type =4 should work.
Visio 2019 Pro