Custom Properties (Shape Data) Line Break

Started by irfanmalick, June 26, 2011, 01:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irfanmalick

Hi All,

I am developing a simple process map, and have started to learn how to add custom properties. One of the custom properties that I require is called guildelines. It tells the individual how to complete the task.

I created a custom property and selected the type as string. I inserted the required data and exported to excel. The problem is that I need to show the information on multiples lines rather than one long line. Is that possible in Visio 2003 professional?

Thanks in advance.

vojo

multiple lines as in n lines for a prop entry?   I think you have to do something like the following
      props.input1 = "<some part of string>"
      props.input2 = "<some other part of string>"
      props.output = props.input1&"CRLF"&props.input2

Probably use the action cells to show EITHER input OR output props so as to not confuse people
      actions.input = setf(getref(actions.input.checked),if(actions.input.checked,0,1))

props.input1.checked = if(actions.input.checked, 0, 1)
      props.input2.checked = if(actions.input.checked, 0,1)

Start with a simple square and couple of props to get the flow correct in your mind.

If you mean multiple props entries with the same value....then
     props.data1 ="<some text"
     props.data2 = props.data1      or if you want to protect data2.....props.data2 = guard(props.data1)

aledlund

generally the advice is to hyperlink to a separate document (word?) where you can add as much text as you'd like. Using the subaddress in the hyperlink allows you to go to specific bookmarks in the external document.
al