Connector Problems

Started by sheilagarner, December 01, 2011, 05:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheilagarner

When I add a connector to one side of a shape, other connector/s dissapear - any suggestions on how to prevent/fix this?

aledlund

what kind of shape (sounds like you're working with an orgchart which may be normal)?
al

sheilagarner

Yes, I am working with an org chart and sometimes we need to have several lines connected to the same shape.  If I get one where it should be and start to add the second or third lines, sometimes the other one disappears!  Drives me nuts... 

Are you aware if there a limited number of lines that can be connected to one shape?

wapperdude

No, and yes.

A shape may have "unlimited" number of subordinates connected to it.  (I'm sure there is some real limit.)

But a shape may only have one "boss".  So, each time you connect a new boss, the old connection is blown away.

As I recall, the dotted report line can be used for additional superiors.  But, if you export to Excel or something, I believe the Wizard ignores the dotted line -- I could be mistaken. 

This is a problem of previous posts.  Not sure what to search for.  Don't recall a better solution.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro