Beginner needs help with Visio line patterns...

Started by NoHands, May 19, 2009, 09:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHands

Hi V ppl. An ACAD "convert" lost here. Could anyone please tell me if there's a way to add visio line patterns to a line pattern menu in Visio? At the moment there are only a couple of line patterns shown there and for every change of line pattern I make outside of those few patterns nested in that menu, I have to go to the format menu -> line format and change the pattern there. I'd really, really appreciate a tip for quicker route. ???

I've posted a link to the screencap to explain exactly which menu I'm talking about.

thanks in advance

Visio Guy

Hi NoHands,

The best I could figure out was to customize a toolbar and add the "More Line Patterns" button. You get it as a sub-item of the Line Pattern drop-down button, and you can copy it to a custom toolbar. This brings you straight in to the Line Format dialog, and should be quicker than what you are doing right now.

Also, the Format Painter might be of use to you. It looks like a broom or brush, and copies line, fill and text styling from one shape to another.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

NoHands

thanks a lot. i'll try it as soon as i get back to work.