Hyperlinking text on one tab to another tab in Visio document

Started by steve_o, March 31, 2014, 02:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_o

Using Visio 2010 & can't seem to figure out how to do something that should be relatively simple. 

I'm using Visio to create a process flow.  One of the steps in that flow says to use a formula to determine a particular min & max.  Below that formula, I've got another box (a Process box) that gives a generic description of the steps, but doesn't go into the specifics of the calculation or provide an example.  At the bottom of the text, I would like to have the text with the name of the particular page in the same Visio document that provides a step-by-step process and example for the formula.

I'd like for the text to contain the hyperlink, similar to how Microsoft Word would do with Hyperlinks & Bookmarks.   However, when I highlight the text & insert the Hyperlink, it makes the whole Process box (with the generic description) a hyperlink & doesn't make the text a hyperlink as I thought.  I've tried both the Text box as well as the Process box, but both behave similarly. 

How do you make just the text you want hyperlink to a page in the same Visio document, similar to how a Word document does the same thing? 

Would appreciate any help.